Luxury Eco Lodges and Homestead on 101Ha
Port Lincoln Region - South Australia
On offer is a magnificent homestead and two luxury eco lodges on over 100 hectares of beautiful undulating bushland with permanent billabong, walking trails and other attractions.
TANONGA LUXURY ECO LODGES
Award winning Tanonga luxury eco-lodges are situated only 20 minutes drive from Port Lincoln, the Seafood Capital of Australia on the Eyre Peninsula. Meticulously rehabilitated and revegetated with the removal of foreign plants, restoration of the creek line and billabong and over 35,000 replantings of native flora, this is truly a bush lovers’ paradise. It is also a great opportunity for possible carbon credits in any future emissions trading schemes or as potential carbon offsets towards carbon neutral trading.
Opened in 2009, and awarded ‘Best New Development’ at the 2009 SA Tourism Awards, and Silver in the Luxury Accommodation category in 2010, Tanonga luxury eco-lodges offer guests an unforgettable and unique eco-experience.
Currently one of only a handful of tourism experiences in Australia to have proven eco-credentials and achieve Leader – Climate Action Certification, two lodges offer luxurious self-contained accommodation, solar powered and architecturally designed with a range of features ensuring minimal environmental impact on the pristine bush surroundings – no expense has been spared - truly luxury without the guilt. Solitude, peace, privacy and complete immersion with the surrounding bush make staying in these lodges an experience to remember.
Each lodge offers a uniquely different aspect for its guests. `The Ridge’ perched high on a hilltop, boasts breathtaking 360 degree views across native bush and farm land all the way down to the sea. Sit in the Japanese-style bath and drink in the view through the open-air window, watch the kangaroos passing by and hear the abundant birdlife singing as the sun rises. `The Valley’ is nestled into the bush and is surrounded by lush vegetation. Marvel at the extensive flora and fauna – right outside the door. Built with one bedroom, each lodge can accommodate up to 4 adults with the use of a high quality sofa bed and single roll-out bed. Both lodges can be accessed by 2 WD vehicles and approx 16km of established walking trails offer a range of bush walking opportunities.
Both Lodges are to be sold on a Ridge Lodge WIWO basis. Both the Ridge Lodge and Valley Lodge have high quality fixtures and fittings, including
- European appliances.
- Japanese style bath.
- Reverse cycle airconditioning.
- Tempo Jetmaster combustion heater.
- Furniture, including leather couches.
- Solar power system featuring the latest in sustainable technology, with automatic back up diesel generator, battery bank and inverter in lock up shed.
- Rain water tanks and biolytix waste water treatment system.
- Wood shed, paving and landscaping.
TANONGA HOMESTEAD (AND FARM)
- Superbly renovated 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom homestead with cedar French doors opening from every room onto the surrounding verandahs.
- Large designer kitchen with two island benches, one designed for food preparation and featuring second sink and one designed for casual entertaining making the kitchen the hub of the living space. Both benches feature Carera marble benchtops.
- Modern European appliances include inbuilt Miele espresso coffee machine, Ilve freestanding 900mm stove with two side by side 600mm and 300mm ovens.
- Large/dining and living area with combustion heater built into a fireplace, plasma screen wall mounted and opening onto undercover pool area.
- Ionized in ground pool makes for easy maintenance and features swim jets and in ground spa, gas and solar heating.
- Outdoor clear plastic blinds allow for full enclosure providing warmth and weather protection during winter months and insect free entertaining during the summer.
- Surround sound BOSE speaker system both inside living and outdoor living/verandah areas.
- Tasmanian oak floors.
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning.
- Automatic back up 6KVA genset hardwired.
- 2 car garage and 4 car garage.
- 6 x 20,000 litre rain water storage capacity.
- Extensive dry stone walls with well established cottage garden.
- Established organic vegetable garden and orchard.
- Recycled waste watering system.
- Fire protection sprinkler systems by ring mains and sprinklers on house systems using separate water sources.
- Computerized watering system for entire domestic and orchard areas.
- Large raised lawned area at rear of homestead surrounded by trees and garden suitable for marquee functions and events.
With eco-tourism now truly a sought after alternative to the traditional resort holiday, and Eyre Peninsula rapidly becoming a popular destination of choice, an opportunity exists for the astute investor or entrepreneur to purchase Tanonga luxury eco-lodges and realise growing future tourism potential. Further development of completely private luxury eco-lodges (at least three STCC), is possible between the existing Valley and Ridge sites, and a cleared hilltop site would suit luxury eco tent accommodation or a larger eco-resort development (STCC). In addition there is a range of valley or a ridgetop sites suitable for the development of management quarters, or your very own eco-retreat (STCC).
Accessible from Adelaide via a short 45 minute flight and a 10 minute drive, this magnificent property is loaded with potential and is just a short drive to other tourist attractions such as tuna farm tours, great white shark cage diving, fishing charters, pristine beaches, stunning national parks, including the magnificent Coffin Bay, and ready access to the freshest local seasonal seafood, award winning local wines and restaurants.